Green day
Following yesterday’s successful og lunch (for a few of us) at pgp canteen, our og decided to hail today as lakota day! So today, the whole og (or at least the part of the og who were informed) wore green! Photo opportunity, despite the gaps in the green of orange, white and … Good sign of lakota’s og spririt eh? ;P
Following the photo session, first session with our new PBL mentor! Suffice to say, the session was really swift and decisive, and we finished in record time (50 mins?) compared to what we were used to (2.5 hours!). Comparing the two tutors, the first possessed contagious enthusiasm, the second is really knowledgeable. For a case study on “near drowning”, I got assigned “the consequences and treatment of cyanosis”. But I later realised cyanosis was just a symptom of hypoxia!!! So how?
The next highlight of the day was MALAY LESSONS!!! Which were very confusing, very fun and which really did weird things to my brain. I think mugging anatomy is not even half as hard as learning basic Malay!!! Haha but maybe I’m not used to the language yet… but some excerpts will help jog my memory:
· (Pointing finger at me) “Awak mugger!” – jon
· “Huntu di belakang awak!” (“ghost behind you!”)– a classmate when asked to form a malay sentence using what we had learnt.. to which the teacher replied with a hearty “terimah kaseh!”
· “saya suka cakap” (“I like to talk!”)– another classmate.
Saya suka belajar Behasa Melayu! At least it’s a good reason to take a break from physio anat and biochem…
No comments:
Post a Comment