I had Prof E Tock as my tutor for pathology pots today. And he just couldn't help but remind us how pathologists LOVE associating their favorite disease with foods.
Pathologists love naming diseased structures after foods simply because of the wide variety of foods out there.. virtually anything diseased can be named after food!
For example, the stools of someone with cholera would be described as rice-water stools because they contain whitish grains floating in them. And those of some one with typhoid or salmonella are called pea soup stools... Maybe there's greenish stuff floating in them as well?
For ppl prefering sweeter stuff, there's currant jelly stools. Which is present in inflammatory bowel disease, dyssentry and intussusception...
And how did our pathology class get into this discussion in the first place?
The "bread and butter" appearance of the visceral pericardium in
fibrinous pericarditis!And what about the "kueh lapis" appearance of a thrombus in an aortic aneurysm?
Its dinner time, and I'm having rice with pea soup. And Currant Jelly for dessert. yum yum. but I'm not sure if I have the appetite...
.
No comments:
Post a Comment