29 June 2010

orthopedics

There's a time in every posting when I 'll decide whether to love or hate it. orthopedics is one of those postings that is simple to love - its relatively simple compared to other specialities like medicine or pediatrics, yet it possesses enough breadth and depth to captivate.
No, contrary to popular opinion the hours at my hospital aren't too hellish - in fact, we're given considerable leeway to plan our timetable.
On a separate note, I can't believe I 'm year 4 already. It's been barely 3 years since I stepped into medical school in August 2007. I think I 've changed in many subtle ways - for better or worse. If medical school is the best time of my life, perhaps the most important question is: what I have achieved beyond passing exams?
Of course, it's too early to say. To borrow a certain schools's motto, perhaps the best is yet to be..

No comments: