22 August 2010

Pathology

After an absence of more than a month from my blog, I'm finally in the well-deserved pathology posting where I will attend lectures and, hopefully, revise my pathology.
Perhaps pathology, unlike ortho, is not a big enough distraction to keep me away from blogging.
It's been an eventful 2 months. Notable events included a successful class outing to east coast, a cg outing to watch inception, another cg outing to watch SALT (starring Angelina Jolie), and yet another cg outing to play badminton. Of these I enjoyed badminton and east coast the best - the first is my favorite sport and the second was with my favorite class.
The days just seem to fly by and before long I will be going through (in chronological order) anaesthesia, ophthalmology, ENT, diagnostic radiology and obstetrics. Assuming none of these postings claim me as a victim, I will be doing the long-awaited (why is everything long-awaited?) electives, which are as yet, half-planned coz I'm in two minds about my career path.
And then, my electives will end before I've had a chance to properly enjoy and utilise it, and before I know it, I'm M5 and on my way to MBBS and beyond.
Advice from the doctors are confusing me further:
"Read and learn as much as you can - you'll never get a chance once you graduate"
"Enjoy your medical student days, these are the best years of your life"
"You have got to start studying for MBBS NOW, or you won't have time in year 5" - X, a newly graduated HO
Now the last piece of advice is just scary.
Perhaps my logical mind gives the best advice - "Go and do your pathology case write up!"

No comments: