17 November 2008

I brought my dog Gordon for a walk today. Really, it was because I felt he deserved a long walk, and I felt I deserved one too.
My sister was there with me, as usual. We brought the dog to one of the roads near our place that was lined with trees. There weren't many people at this time of the day when the cool evening air was blowing. Just a few others walking their dogs or rushing home, and lots of cars zooming past.
Gordon zoomed forwards the moment I started walking him, like a rocket out of control. It wasn't easy to hold on to him, and I had to apply the skills I had learnt from one of those dog owner manuals: let him know WHOs boss. Yup, I had to be pretty strict with him coz if you just let him walk freely he'll probably lead you straight onto the path of an oncoming car.
It was a good workout.
After walking the dog, I had a workout that almost paled in comparison: I went running along the small park with my sis, did a few pull ups and push ups, then called it a day.
It wasn't a bad way to spend the evening.

No comments: