Today I attended the Basic Cardiac Life Support Course, held at the Shaw Foundation Alumni House for the first time. This was bad for the school because they had to pay extra to book the Alumni House, but good for us because for once we have a course that isn't held in some LT/ multi-purpose hall and the likes.
Venue aside, the course was enjoyable because:
1) My instructor was patient and knowledgeable, and she helped correct numerous mistakes in my CPR technique
2) It was more or less stress-free, because I know I will eventually pass.
3) It included a section on defibrillation and cardioversion, which I imagine, (should) be extremely useful in the future.
So far so good. Add today's BCLS to the lectures we had at CGH from Mon to Wed, and we have a little introduction to Emergency Medicine.
Hopefully, our modicum of knowledge can help us make a little more sense about what is going on when we start our attachments - which would be tomorrow. Isn't that reassuring?
But of course, we will still be lost in the ED. That is already confirmed. The lectures simply help to reduce the degree of lostness we feel, by making us think we are more knowlegeable.
I think I feel smarter already.
No comments:
Post a Comment