I always liked the bright colours and flashing lights of emergency vehicles. So it was a pleasant surprise that as part of my emergency medicine posting, I got a chance to actually sit in an ambulance and follow the paramedics on their calls!
I obviously can't disclose what I saw today due to patient privacy issues. All I can say is that there is nothing quite like sitting in an ambulance with its lights flashing and its horns blaring, rushing to the scene of the emergency - the excitement is quite palpable. And most of the times the victims or their family are quite grateful for the timely arrival of the ambulance.
In a recent Reader's Digest survey of Singaporeans, firefighters, doctors, and (if I'm not wrong) paramedics were among the top 10 most trusted profession in Singapore, and they are curiously similar: All 3 professions give us a peace of mind at night (they work night shifts), they are there for us in emergencies, and they also work long hours.
I can imagine them at work now...
17 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment