I went to Charlene's grandma's house to try my hands at baking today. Charlene, Julia, Jonathan and Elizabeth were also there. On the agenda were two items: Chocolate marble cake and Custard Puffs aka Choux Pastry.
I was pretty blur at first but then it turned out to be a simple task of following instructions written on little pieces of paper. Those who didn't know how to bake, me included, followed the recipe perhaps too much.. like trying to get exactly 250g of flour down to the 1g.. Must have been reminiscent of chem/bio spa for the others... but for me it reminded me of the time i was fumbling with conical flasks, really scared of contaminating reagents at my lab, while trying to prepare a buffer solution for something..
But we must have been pretty good at following instructions.. coz the cakes turned out not too bad.. especially the pastry which had a really delicious topping.. think BoLuoBao! Pity that some of the pastry got stuck to the tray and had to be scrapped off.. leaving gaping holes that was the " worst nightmare" as Julia put it. But the pastry was really good enough to be eaten alone!
I shall try the chocolate cake tomorrow.. hopefully it wasn't as bad as Charlene put it..
I suppose baking isn't that bad a hobby if you have the time to bake.. and the friends to try the fruit of your efforts(:
No comments:
Post a Comment