I am soo happy that I went for medicamp. I wish I could go again. After I had spent a large part of my holidays doing comparatively mundane things, medicamp was a breath of fresh oxygen. (not pure oxygen of course, or I would have hypoventilated and died)
What I really liked about the camp was that it enabled me to relive the sense of comraderie from last years camp. Okay, maybe medicamp is really an extended og outing. But its also one of those rare times when the og was also bonded together by a common goal of making medicamp a success. I think eveyone really played very hard and worked very hard to make the camp work out, and I'm really quite pleased with the results. I think I worked quite hard too! Playing bridge and not sleeping till 3 or 4 am each day is hard work you know. But seriously, I think I'm glad I played a tiny little role as a station ic for the amazing race. For many reasons.
To be really honest, welcoming the m1s was not the first thing on my mind when I decided to join medicamp. What I really had in mind was an opportunity to have good fun before m2 starts. But the m1s really exceeded my expectations in terms of their enthusiasm and proactiveness. Despite my reticent character and low-key role in the camp, the m1s were still rather enthusiastic when they finally decided upon dunking me after war games. A bit too enthusiatic, no? Haha but to add to their credit, the guys did volunteer themselves very readily when I needed people to help lug water back to our chalet. Mayank really cracked me up with his jokes, Jonathan (the bigger one) entertained me with his stories of 1SIR. I reciprocated by answering their queries about m1 life in general.
The M1s, really, were the driving force behind the camp. But when their enthusiasm waned a little (such as when we waited until 12am in the morning for "another og to join us for mass dance practice" on the 2nd day..), the ogls (my fellow batchmates) had to step in to rah rah them a bit. Weilun, despite his absences, provided great comic relief as comedian cum singer of "sexy back". Sheila, despite her sore throat, managed her role as "the boss" with great dexterity. Julia, the de facto ogl ic, was the one who ensure things were running smoothly. I got to know Alfred and Daniel and Ruth a bit better when I found out all three were from band.
All in all, it was not an unenjoyable camp. Actually it was extremely enjoyable. I wish I could attend med camp every year! But as that's not actually possible, I shall always cherish the memories and hopefully create better ones as time goes by =)
All in all, it was not an unenjoyable camp. Actually it was extremely enjoyable. I wish I could attend med camp every year! But as that's not actually possible, I shall always cherish the memories and hopefully create better ones as time goes by =)
No comments:
Post a Comment