Medicine precamp was enjoyable for all the wrong reasons. (This is first statement serves as a hook for the rest of this post, and its true in a sense). The only thing that happened according to the programme for me was the amazing race. And even that wasn't done completely to plan. For one, I didn't head straight to my station after flag off. Which was really a sensible time-killing and fun thing to do before starting the long wait for the first team to reach my station (almost 4 hours later). Luckily there were plenty of things to do at Suntec.
After visiting the food court, shopping and playing cards (don't ask)... the teams finally started arriving. They found the stations way too easy, which is why I have since upped the difficulty level A LOT. MUAHAHAHA. But I will still have to see what happens on the actual day itself because medicine students are very smart (and they know their shopping malls quite well).
The evening was quite slack, except for mass dance which is very sweat inducing. I bathed in a bathroom facing the front of the house. I think its all right to use it in the day but at night when the outside is dark and the toilet lights are switched on, the outline of the users upper body is quite apparent throught the frosted glass windows. Some cheeky guy went to knock the windows halfway through my bath. Which is probably why I havent used that toilet to bathe again since.
Glen, Eli and Julia left halfway through the mass dance. Which left me, Jon, Charlene, Christina, Ruth and Alfred to play cards. (actually ruth wasn't playing, only watching; and alfred was helping christina with bridge most of the time) We played and played and played (yes bridge is vey addictive) until everyone wanted to sleep. But christina kept insisting on playing! Which is quite ironic coz she almost fell alseep in our last game. And she slept like a log throughout the night.
While on the topic of sleep, it was very hard to enter dreamland with the climate control air conditioning, which kept insisting on blowing a big blast of cold air at us every few minutes to ensure the temperature was maintained at exactly 25C. Making my nose clog up almost completely. (I felt better when I sat up.. on hindsight I think the mucus drained into the air sinuses in my skull) Alfred left to visit the other ogs and never came back. (When I finally had a dream, it was about Alfred coming back! This dream made jonathan laugh slightly the next morning when I told him about it)
Day 2 for me didn't really follow the supposed plan much.. We only played 2 out of six station games, mainly because our og had only 4 ppl to play. One was a laoyingzhuaxiaoji type of game, which was quite exciting mainly because I had the opportunity to practice running backwards. The other was twister which I find really impossible to play after a few moves! But none of the games really stood out for me, which is why I still feel that last years medicamp games were better.
In the afternoon we skipped war games altogether.. Ahem. But that was because not many of us were available to play anyway. So we went to help out in the preparations for fright night, which I felt should be highlight of that day. Ironically we didn't come back in time after almost our entire og went to watch movies at Downtown East. (We watched Zohan.. u can bet I didn't choose the movie. It was kind of funny in an extremely crude way.)
Anyway its not our fault for missing fright night altogether also.. when we called back hq they said the ghosts were very tired already.. right?
I think fright night must have exhausted Jonathan.. which is why he fell asleep soon after attending the debrief. While he was sleeping, the rest of us were cajoled by sheila into playing sardines (which is really hide-and-seek except the ppl who spot the person hiding go into hiding with him.. until the last person in the group is left searching moarnfully for his friends)
Yeah.. 20 year olds playing hide-and-seek!
Glen proved that the most dangerous place is also the safest place by hiding back in the very same room where we started off from. Jason, unfortunately, was the last to notice his hiding place, and found us only after 30mins. I shall rmb this for a vvery long time..
We played bridge until it was almost 4. Then sheila had to leave and was nice enough to give me and jason a lift home as well. I didn't have all the keys to my house so I spent like 1.5 hours in a HK cafe eating and dozing off at the same time, until it was 6am in the morning.
It was a memorable camp, am I not wrong?
No comments:
Post a Comment