The 1st Week of surgery:
I really enjoyed the last week at NUH surgery, urology dept. The team I was attached to was really willing to teach, and all the doctors were especially approachable. Despite seeing the housemen work really hard, the sense of closeness between the team was palpable.
I especially like the clinic where we were allowed to interview new patients and attempt to make a diagnosis; that really put the stress on but was an enjoyable learning experience at the same time.
I'm still not used to the tutorial system - unlike csfc there are no fixed topics for tutorials. So what I get out of the tutorial depends on what patients I choose to clerk. It's going to take a bit of effort keeping track of what I know and what I don't know...
There were 2 days in which I could leave at 3+pm. Thought that was a reasonable time for me to get some rest for the next day!
So uro might be on my list of nice specialties.
And the weekend that followed..
..was rather uneventful except for julia's party. I especially enjoyed the video; wonder what mine would look like if I made one..
There was excellent durian cake as well. Certainly comparable to any store bought cake! If Julia wasn't going to be a doctor she could certainly bake!
For some reason I'm glad there's lectures tmr (:
No comments:
Post a Comment